Monday, April 9, 2012

Manly Men



Yes, I love my hubby of almost 30 years.  He has many wonderful qualities.  But he has no man skills.  I don’t mean he can’t build furniture or anything that requires a power tool, we’re talking none.

Zero.

Zippo.

He had to read the manual for my car to figure out how to pop the hood.  Then he had to read on to figure out where to put the windshield washer fluid.  No skills.  We once paid an electrician $75.00 to change a light bulb.  True story.  My hubby couldn’t figure out how to put in a florescent bulb.

But the worst part is he insists on trying.  And usually failing.  Or doing something stupid.  Like climbing up on the roof with a power washer.  At 70.  Can you say dumb move?

On a more positive note – he buys me great jewelry.  And at the end of the day I’ll take diamonds over light bulbs any day.
So what does your hubby/significant other do?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda. Actually I can't answer your question as I have neither. (Sometimes I wonder at what point I became the man I wanted to marry.) Would I pay an electrician to change a light bulb? Yes, if he's single and hot. However, I draw the line at climbing on the roof with a power washer. The visual is scary. Honestly, it sounds like your hubby is a gem himself.

    ReplyDelete