Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Appliance Suicide Pact



Why is it that when one appliance breaks, other’s follow suit.   It’s as if they get together in the middle of the night and decide who will throw in the towel next.

My first suicide was my icemaker.  It died in February and I’ve been waiting all this time for a special order part.  Weird since my fridge is only 7 years old.  So I’ve had to revert to a 1950’s housewife, using cube trays for the first time in forever.  Inconvenient but not the end of the world.  Unless you’re having a part, which I am.  On Sunday.

Not only will my guests be treated to a bag of ice from the local store but they’ll also have to position themselves strategically to stay cool in the Florida heat.  Because the most recent victim to succumb is my 2 ton A/C.  Now I have two units, one cools most of the house but the broken one cools my bedroom, living room and dining room. 

Why is this such a big deal?  Because I have a bookseller coming to my house, with books and her credit card machine for a Mother’s Day Book Signing Party.  My only hope is the wonderful folks at Hayden Air can get the repairs done ASAP.  God help me if they have to order a part.
On the plus side, my office has A/C, so I can at least get some stuff done without sweating like a stuffed pig.

If bad things happen in threes, I’ve got one more surprise coming.  And I don’t like surprises.
Switching gears . . . thanks to everyone who has bought Slightly Irregular.  It’s been on Amazon’s hot new female sleuths bestselling list since it debuted in April.  Keep those purchases and downloads coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment