Monday, October 29, 2012

True believers



In this season of all things that go bump in the night, I’m just not a believer.  Well, unless I’m reading a Stephen King novel and then I know the true meaning of being scared snotless.  But I don’t thinks that’s the same thing as feeling the ghouls and goblins, witches and warlocks of the day.
I’m not big on superstitions.  Bring on the black cat.  Let me break a mirror.  I’ll gladly step on any cracks in the sidewalk.  Sorry, but I’m not phased.

Just for fun, about 10 years ago a friend dragged me to her psychic.  According to her, it would be the best thing for me.  My son had just died and she felt certain this psychic could ease my pain.  As much as the psychic tried with the “I’m seeing the letter L,” or “I’m sensing chaos in your aura,” I thought it was a load of bullshit.  My sister’s name starts with an L (as does my grandmother’s name and the name of our first pet) and of course she’d sense the chaos – why else would anyone stoop so low as to consult a psychic?  She saw my wedding ring and said something about discord with my spouse.  Well, my spouse and I have never so much as had a fight in 31 years – opps, wrong again.



On an unrelated note . . .  BARGAIN HUNTING will be released tomorrow!  Don’t forget to buy it, download it or however you like your books delivered.  You can read an excerpt on my website 
Happy trick or treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment